Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Queen of Quiches

I seem to have become the Queen of Quiches lately.  It's almost like every event I'm catering, or weekend brunch I'm going to, I'm being asked to prepare a quiche of some sort.  It's not that I don't like quiche... I love quiche actually... it's just that I feel that I've written this blog entry about 2 other times... so I don't mean to bore or be drab... trust me I've got a lot more in my repertoire... but this is a request... and if you know me by now you know... I aim to please!  


So here is a delicious recipe for Spinach Quiche with Pancetta... it's one of my favorite quiches... take it from the Queen of all Quiches!   With Easter on Sunday, this is a great dish to serve to your family & friends. 


Spinach Pancetta Quiche


1 bag fresh spinach roughly chopped 
1/2 white onion finely diced
3 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup low fat ricotta cheese
1/4 cup low fat shredded cheese of your liking- I use Mozzarella & Gruyere for this quiche
3 Tablespoons finely diced Pancetta (Italian bacon that you can get in your Italian grocery store) 
Salt & Pepper


In a saute pan add the pancetta and cook until it's crispy.  Remove from the pan and set on a piece of paper towel to drain all of the excess grease.  In the same saute pan, add the onions and sweat them until they are translucent. Add the spinach and season with salt & pepper and allow to wilt... mix well with the onions.  Set aside, allow to cool. 


In a bowl combine the beaten eggs, cream, ricotta cheese and shredded cheese together.  Mix throughly. 


In a pie dish place the pie crust dough in it and follow directions per the box.  Add a layer of the cooked crispy pancetta, follow with the spinach & onion.  Pour the egg/cheese mixture over the top of the spinach and let it sit for a minute so that the egg can settle it's way down to the bottom of crust. 


Cook in the oven on 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.   Serve warm.  Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment