Friday, March 12, 2010

Saturday Morning Quiche



So wanna know what my Saturday mornings look like?  Ok, picture this… I’m at my kitchen table, there’s no noise in the house, all the kids over at a sleepover at grandma & papa’s house… I’ve got the LA Times in front of me and I’m reading a fabulous article out of the FOOD section…. a crisp & tangy champagne mimosa bubbling away in a Baccarat flute and a scrumptious slice of ricotta and leek quiche in front of me.


SSSSCCCREEEEAAACHHHHH!!!!!!! OK! SNAP OUT OF IT MICHELLE!!!!!
Ummm..yeah, that’s really not the way my Saturday mornings look!!!  Most Saturday mornings it’s complete and utter chaos in my house with all three kids stomping their forks and spoons on the kitchen table in protest for breakfast and I can only dream of even opening a page of the LA Times Food section, let alone sip a champagne filled mimosa!  But what is more likely than not to be there is a scrumptious slice of ricotta and leek quiche!

It’s as most recipes that I share with all of you, easy, fast & delicious!  I hope that you try it this Saturday morning… it just might prompt you to pour that mimosa I’m dying for!

Ricotta & Leek Quiche



1 8 oz. container Low Fat Ricotta cheese
1 egg beaten
½ c heavy cream
2 Leeks halved & sliced
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 package pre-made piecrust

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.  Pour into a pie dish that you’ve placed the crust into.   Bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the inside doesn’t jiggle when you move the pie dish.

OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS TO ADD:






Assorted Shredded Cheese- Smoked Gouda, Gruyere, Swiss, Mozzarella, 1 Can Smoked Chilies, 1 Package Frozen Spinach, ½ cup Diced Mushrooms & 1 Box Frozen Artichoke Hearts,  Herbs! I happen to love fresh Thyme in my quiches.

Happy Saturday my friends! Sit back and take that moment to yourself tomorrow morning! 

1 comment: