Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Avocado Hummus

A few months back I went to this fantastic Tapas restaurant where my friend kept going on and on about this incredible Avocado Hummus that this restaurant had... at first I thought... eeew... green hummus, that just sounds gross... then they brought it to our table.  I must say it was LOVE AT FIRST BITE!!!! Oh my goodness... the goodness that this had was insane!  

So here I am a few months later and I've moved into a new home... I couldn't be happier and I couldn't stop thinking about that avocado hummus!  Well... low and behold I have this ginormous avocado tree in my backyard now that produces these humungous fresh delicious creamy buttery avocados!  So... what did I do today??? You guessed it... I made this tasty dip!  

I know it all sounds weird, but the chick peas, the avocados, the lemon, the cumin... it all just works!  Serve it with some pita bread or even pita crisps... HEEEAAAAVVVENNNN!!!! (yes, that's me singing in an angelic voice!) ha ha ha! 


Avocado Hummus

1 large avocado pitted 
1 can chick-peas (drained)
1 large clove garlic minced
2 to 3 tbs lemon juice
pinch of cayenne
pinch of paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tbs. tahini (sesame paste) 
1/4 of an onion chopped
1 tbs olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Place all of the ingredients except the avocado into a blender.  Blend untill smooth.  Add the avocado and blend for another few seconds to well combine.  
Place in a bowl, cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to chill. 

Serve cold with your favorite chips or pita bread!  

No comments:

Post a Comment