Thursday, September 16, 2010

Not your mother's meatloaf!!!

Let's just talk about one of my favorite meals for a second... what's that you ask?  Oh I'll tell you!!! It's MEATLOAF!  
MEATLOAF you say??? Really?  MEATLOAF?  That's not good at all!  Alright, well let me tell you this... what if I said try this recipe and I promise you will change your mind?  Yes!  I mean it.  I'm like a salesman right now trying to sell you the best meatloaf of your life... and I'm so sure of it that if I'm wrong... well... you can.... you can... well heck! I don't know you can sky write it in the sky that I gave you the worst meatloaf recipe... but I know I'm not!  This is good... and I call it... you ready for this??? 

Not your mother's meatloaf!!!

1 POUND GROUND BEEF OR GROUND TURKEY
½ RED BELL PEPPER DICED
2 STALKS CELERY DICED
1-2 CARROTS DICED
1 ONION DICED
1 LARGE CLOVE OF GARLIC MINCED
3 TBS HOT SAUCE (NOT TABASCO, USE CRYSTAL OR TAPATIO)
4 TBS WORCESHIRE SAUCE
1/3 CUP KETCHUP
1/4 CUP PLAIN BREADCRUMBS
1/2 CUP MILK
1 OR 2 EGGS (I USUALLY USE 1)
1 tsp. Garlic Salt
Salt & Pepper to taste


    MIX EVERYTHING TOGETHER WELL- 
     ADD TO A BREAD LOAF PAN THAT HAS BEEN SPRAYED WITH 
    NON STICK SPRAY OR COATED WITH OIL. PAT IT IN THERE AND PUSH DOWN THE EDGES SO IT MAKES A LITTLE SLOPE THAT GOES DOWN TOWARDS THE EDGES-
    BEFORE IT GOES INTO THE OVEN- MIX ABOUT 1 TSP KETCHUP, A FEW DASHES OF HOTSAUCE AND WORCESHIRE SAUCE TOGETHER AND SPOON IT ON TOP OF THE MEATLOAF- COVER THE WHOLE TOP OF IT WITH THIS MIX- WILL MAKE A GREAT GLAZE ON TOP OF IT- ADDS GOOD COLOR AND FLAVOR

    COOK IN OVEN FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS ON THE BACK OF THE MEATLOAF PACKAGE- OR I USUALLY DO 35 OR 40 MIN ON 400

    SERVE WITH MASHED POTATOES & GRAVY



    EASY MASHED POTATOES:
    PEEL, DICE & BOIL POTATOES-
    DRAIN- RESERVE A BIT OF WATER
    ADD ½ STICK OF BUTTER, ¼ CUP OF MILK OR HEAVY CREAM, 3 TBS SOUR CREAM
    MASH WITH A FORK FIRST- THEN USE HAND BLENDER AND MIX ON MEDIUM HIGH SPEED FOR UP TO 5 MINUTES. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment