Monday, November 15, 2010

My absolute favorite Pumpkin Pancakes!

You all know me by now... I'm a sucker for anything pumpkin, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg... this has it all!  It's the start of the holidays and these delectable pancakes are no exception!  I love them... and so will you! 


My absolute favorite Pumpkin Pancakes!!!!



In large bowl mix:
2 c. flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves

In small bowl, mix:
2 slightly beaten egg whites
1 1/2 c. milk 
2 tbsp. oil
1/2 c. canned pumpkin puree
        Add small bowl mixture to
        large bowl. Stir just until moistened.  Don't over mix!  Heat griddle, brush lightly with oil. Pour batter by 1/4 cup onto hot griddle.
        Makes 16 pancakes.

        ***** side note*****

        The key to making perfect light pancakes is don't over flip them! I used to be a bad flipper and my pancakes never turned out fluffy! Thanks to this great trick I learned a few years ago, I no longer flip! Wait till you see a good amount of air bubbles that come up to the top of the uncooked side of the pancake... then FLIP!


        And lastly, one of my favorite things to do with these pancakes is to mix the remaining half of the canned pumpkin with some whipped cream and use that as a topping for the pancakes while they are hot right off the griddle... it becomes all gooey and is a great alternative to using maple syrup... although that tastes pretty good on top of it as well! Crush some pecans and sprinkle them on top and you have a breakfast made in heaven!!!


        Please feel free to email me any stories, memories or recipes that you would like to recreate at michelle@foodfromthehearttv.com!



        1 comment:

        1. These pancakes look lovely, will try out the recipe, especially with the topping and put it in my pancake collection!

          ReplyDelete