Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rustic Delicate Sophistication & Class... Uh huh that's right Smoked Salmon Appetizer



I'm not gonna lie guys, I'm a little wiped out at the end of this week... it seems like it's gone on forever! But I made these last night for that party that I went to and they were a real hit. I really wanted to share it with you before the weekend, in case you might be entertaining!

Either you love smoked salmon or you don't... there's no in between.... that is, until you try this recipe. It's so subtle and doesn't taste overwhelming or fishy at all! This one has something for everyone... it's got some rustic, some delicate, some sophistication and class.... no, I'm not talking about me...yet another bad joke... I think my fatigue makes the jokes worse! Alright, moving on! Back to the recipe!

By the way, there's a lot of varieties of Smoked Salmon out there... there's Lox, Nova, Sockeye , Pink, Atlantic or Scottish. I happen to be a huge fan of a company that makes amazing Smoked Salmon from Scotland. They are called St. James. They're salmon has such a woodsey, rich nutty flavor and it really is top quality. If you can find it in the store, really it's worth buying. (I wouldn't push something I didn't totally believe in!)

Enjoy this Smoked Salmon on Crostini Appetizer recipe!

1 Loaf French Bread Sliced on the Diagonal
2 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Package Whipped Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese
2 Tsp Lemon Juice
2 Tbs Chopped Dill
1 Tbs Chopped Chives
Salt & Pepper
1 Large Cucumber Small Dice



Brush French Bread slices with olive oil and put in the oven on 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes, checking on them a few times and flipping them over 1/2 way through- let them turn a golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool.
In a bowl combine Cream Cheese, Ricotta Cheese, Lemon Juice, Dill & Chives, salt & pepper to taste. Mix well. Put in refrigerator for 10 minutes and allow to set.
Assembly:

Spread a small amount of Cream Cheese mix over the crostini
Place diced cucumbers over the spread
Top with Smoked Salmon sliced into strips and a dill sprig

The smoked salmon I was talking about is from this company... www.stjamessmokehouse.com







No comments:

Post a Comment