Sunday, February 21, 2010

G.T.L.T. -Glamorous Tuna Fish Lettuce Tomato...




It’s Sunday afternoon and I felt like something light and easy… or shall I say my husband was hungry and I didn’t feel like cooking! So I thought, how about a PB& J???… nah… heat up some of the kids chicken nuggets from the freezer????… nah… ahhh… how about old faithful… a tuna fish sandwich!  But I wasn’t in the mood for just your average Tuna Sammie… I wanted the real deal… good tuna fish packed in olive oil… so I ran over to Whole Foods and found this fabulous can of Tuna from Sicily.  It was a little bit more pricey- but I gotta say, well worth it!  I paired it up with some veggie chips, sliced tomato and pepperoncini and it was a fine Sunday afternoon lunch if I do say so myself!

Glamorous Tuna Fish Sunday Sammie


1 Can Tuna Fish packed in Oil
2 Scallions Finely Chopped
¼ Red Onion Finely Chopped
3 Cornichons (French Pickles) Finely Diced
Salt & Pepper

Sliced Tomatoes, Cucumber, Red Onion
Mache or Arugula

Mini Pita Pockets Heated on the Panini Press or in the oven for a few minutes

**sidenote**
There’s no need for any additional mayo as the Tuna is packed in Olive Oil and makes for a good creamy tuna fish.
Add some herbs to it… fresh dill or tarragon adds so much!
Don’t like cornichons or can’t find them… add a spoonful of relish


Mache is a woodsy lettuce that can be found in most specialty supermarkets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment