Sunday, July 4, 2010

Spicy Sweet Potato Fries

Sometimes late at night as I'm flipping through t.v. I get a hankering... (yes, I used the word hankering) for something crispy, fried and well... fattening!!!!  Yes... we all know where I'm going with this one... I want GREASY FRENCH FRIES WITH LOADS OF SALT!!!!  So here I was tonight, caught in this unfortunate predicament and let's face it... I didn't wanna go there!  I wake up the next morning feeling like crapola cause I did something BAD BAD BAD!  Well I don't think so... NOT TONIGHT!!!! 
I got creative!!!! 
SPICY SWEET POTATO FRIES!  You can send me the thank you notes tomorrow morning!  Oh, and try the dipping sauce too... it's THE BOMB! 

Spicy Sweet Potatoes

1 or 2 large Sweet Potatoes cut into 1/2 inch thick batons 
1 tablespoon Olive Oil or Peanut Oil

In a bowl combine: 
1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1/4 tsp. Hungarian Paprika
1/4 tsp. Ground Cumin
1/4 tsp. Coarse Sea Salt

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. 
Place the cut sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with the Olive Oil.  Sprinkle the seasoning mix on top of the fries and using your hands, dig in and give them a good toss coating them evenly. 


Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes.  

Garlic Lemon Dipping Sauce
2 tablespoons mayo
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 small garlic clove minced
1/4 teaspoon Hungarian Paprika
Salt & Pepper

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and place in the refrigerator until the fries are done. 

This has 1/2 the calories and all the satisfaction... ok... I'm guessing it has 1/2 the calories... I don't know, it's late, they were good... I'm just thankful I didn't go for the "FRIED" French Fries!!! Give them a try! So good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment