Friday, December 3, 2010

Viva Oliva...Viva Balsamic... Viva Portabella!!! Marinated Grilled Portabella Mushrooms

Who doesn't love Olive Oil... and who doesn't love Balsamic Vinegar.... and who doesn't love them more when they have wonderful herbs & flavors infused into them. 


I was shopping this past week in town and I came across this store that I had never seen before... I went inside, and they told me they were open for about a month or so... and well, I fell in love in this store!    What kind of store is this you ask?  An Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar store! Viva Oliva to be exact...  This company infuses different flavors into these wonderfully delicious on their own anyways ingredients.  





They had Lavender, Pomegranate & Tangerine Balsamic... Persian Lime, Herbes de Provence, Truffle & Lemon Olive Oil... I sampled quite a few of them to say the least and they were all divine.  They have combos that are made up for you already... and you guys know me by now, I don't advertise for anyone that I don't absolutely love and think they have a stellar product... these people made an incredible product!  QUALITY infused balsamic & olive oil! 


They would seriously make delicious salad dressings and add to just about any dish you'll cook with them.   


So I picked out the Lavender Balsamic and Persian Lime Olive Oil... and I came across these beautiful Portabella Mushrooms yesterday in the market... I marinated the two together with a little freshly macerated garlic, salt & pepper... and then threw them on the grill... OH MY!  It was divine.   It had so much flavor and you could really pick up the mild aroma of the Lavender and the sweet tang of the Persian Lime...it was a match made in heaven. 



I have one leftover today and I'm going to make a sandwich with some fresh arugula, buffalla mozzarella & fire roasted red bell peppers... that mushroom is going to be the perfect addition!  


To order some of these Oils & Balsamic Vinegars... check them out.  They have a page that's dedicated to all of the incredible flavors they have and the insanely delicious combos you can make!  These would make awesome gifts too... just sayin'! :-)  Check em out!  http://www.vivaoliva.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment